The benefits of Abdominal Massage:
- Helps to reposition a misaligned uterus such as retroverted
- ( tipped back towards the spine)
- Enhances hormonal balance throughout the menstrual cycle
- Help to break up scar tissue following laparoscopy or other pelvic investigations such as removal of the appendix
- Increases fresh blood to the uterus and decreases brown spotting.
- Helps to reduce the stress hormone, cortisol.
- Increases blood to the uterus & cervix
- Helps eliminate faeces from the colon
- Helps break down impacted faeces from the colon
- Helps to increase the flexibility of the interconnecting tissues between the organs to allow a good blood supply to the uterus.
What can Abdominal Massage help with?
Blocked Fallopian Tubes
Massage gently helps to break up adhesions while helping the body to eliminate them to allow the tubes to be clear so the egg can be transported more effectively.
When endometrial tissues begin to grow in other areas of the body besides the uterus, irritation occurs which then can create scar tissue. This can cause inflammation and the tissues can begin to stick together. The fascia and the ligaments then become tight therefore blood flow is further restricted. Massage can help break up adhesions, decrease the inflammation, and help the body to eliminate the old blood left from the endometrial tissues.
PCOS ( Polycystic Ovary Syndrome)
PCOS can cause stagnation in the body. When ovulation does not occur and a cyst begins to grow on the ovaries, this causes a series of imbalances to occur. Fertility Massage promotes the hormonal feedback loop to communicate fully which in turn helps the body to ovulate, menstruate, and be in balance. Massage also can help to bring circulation to the ovaries, helping to nourish and bring fresh blood to your eggs. Like with many conditions diet is still the main therapy to bring about a significant change to PCOS but Fertility Massage can really help too.
Unexplained infertility accounts for 1/3 of all the fertility issues in the UK. If you do suffer from unexplained infertility then focus on creating a healthy body and mind. Fertility Massage can help increase circulation which in turn helps to increase egg health by bringing fresh oxygenated, nutrient-filled blood to the eggs.
Reasons for menstrual cramps:-
- The uterus is contracting to expel old blood ( normally observed as brown spotting)
- A “cold uterus” – lacking in circulation ( normally due to poor uterus position)
- Scar tissue left from surgery ( such as a laparoscopy)
- Nutritional deficiencies have been shown to affect PMS and menstrual cramps.
- Tilted uterus ( tipped back towards the spine)
Fertility Massage encourages a healthy uterus by helping to realign a tilted uterus, increase circulation to warm a “cold uterus” by bringing in nutrient-rich blood, and break up scar tissue and adhesion in order to improve uterine tone and function.
Fertility Massage is a very relaxing routine. While you are receiving a massage, the body begins to relax, blood flow increases, endorphins (feel-good hormones such as serotonin) release, and muscles let go. Most of our clients will fall asleep and all report that they sleep much better!
Healthy circulation is key to fertility and overall health because getting fresh, clean, oxygenated blood to our organs and cells is essential. The main reasons for poor circulation are:-
- Sedentary lifestyle
- Sitting for long periods of time – particularly in the work place.
- Lack of exercise
By massaging the intestines you are helping your body to eliminate faeces that may be stuck or impacted. Digestive and intestine health is very important for fertility. Faecal impacted intestines can become heavy and put unnecessary weight on the uterus, ovaries, and fallopian tubes therefore the organs are likely to be moved into a position that further restricts blood flow.
What happens in an Abdominal Massage Treatment?
Prior to your first appointment, a detailed consultation form will be emailed to you. There are lots of questions including both physical and emotional symptoms. The holistic approach is essential to gain a greater understanding of both your mind and body. We work together at getting the two to communicate.
Many of our clients have been to their GPs, had various tests, and still have no definitive diagnosis; this is why we like to ask more questions and hear what you actually have to say. Please bring any blood tests and scan results with you on your first appointment as these are always helpful to review.
You may be coming for fertility issues, but we still need to know about your gut, as both ascending and descending colon are either side of the womb and the rectum is directly behind! A healthy gut is essential for fertility health. Digestion is key.
Your 1st treatment will be gentle and relatively deep massage – we need to gauge your body’s response. Some will leave the table feeling very relaxed and some a little emotional, but both are positive signs.
Please wear comfy clothes.
Generally, a colon massage can be performed at any time, however, a womb massage has some restrictions:
- Just before or during a bleed
- If you have a coil fitted
- If you are in your first trimester of pregnancy
- Any recent abdominal surgery
- If you have an infection or high temperature
Cost for Abdominal Massage
- £55 for the first appointment ( 90 minutes – includes 30 min consult and 60 min massage treatment)
- £50 for 1-hour treatment
- £60 for the first appointment ( 90 minutes – includes 30 min consult, 30 min reflexology, 30 min massage)
- £60 for 1 hour 15 minutes treatment combined with fertility reflexology (a 45-minute massage and 30 minutes reflexology)
If you would like to book in please contact me.
I carry out my abdominal massage treatments from a peaceful and relaxing log cabin in the garden in Crowthorne. My at-home treatment room is accessible from Wokingham, Bracknell, Yateley, Sandhurst, Camberley and Fleet.